Subject: FM Recorder won't turn on / USB left connected overnight
From: Arturo Gonzalez (
Date: 2003-10-20

Hello to everyone.
My girlfriend left the rockbox connected via USB to her laptop
overnight, and predictably, the unit has fully drained batteries.

I've read the archives and found a similar incident, but didn't see in
the various threads how this was eventually resolved. (1) Do i charge
the unit using the charger (I have the original US charger, but am
living in Spain, where the charger won't work (I need one that accepts
EU voltage)--do i buy the one Archos Tech support is selling or can i
get one with the same specs?:
Power Specifications : Input : 100-240Vac 50-60 Hz
                       Output : 5 Volts 1.6 A

(2) Someone posted about resetting the unit, but I don't know where or
how to do this--I tried finding a schematic of how to best go about this
with no luck..

Seems like (1) is the best option, and any advice would be great.