Subject: Re: Quick questions
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-10-20

1. ???
2. "Joint Stereo" divides the fequency spectrum in to two halves. Not sure
quite where the line is, but the theory is that the human ear cannot detect
direction for frequencies below a certain value.
SO... The recording is generally stereo, but frequencies below this line
(not more than 200Hz) will be recorded in mono.
...it's fine until you listen carefully - if you can hear MP3 "hiss" then
you will likely be able to detect the mono reduction on "joint stereo"