Subject: RE: HTML - was RE: Flashed RB still having charging issues..
From: Fred Maxwell (
Date: 2003-10-21

Johan wrote:

> [Fred Maxwell wrote]> Frankly, HTML has a lot of advantages,
> Name one, just one, that is relevant in the context of a
> mailing list such as this one.

I'll name a few.

1. Highlighting of key points. Example: "Make sure that you do not
overwrite the file." I might choose to boldface the phrase "do not" or even
the whole sentence depending on the severity of overwriting the file.

2. Using different fonts, colors, or attributes to distinguish between
Rockbox-displayed text and text written by the author.

3. Use of monospaced fonts to create consistent columns.

That said, I am not now suggesting, nor have I ever suggested, that people
should post to the list in HTML, that the list rules should be changed to
allow or encourage HTML posting. I'm just answering your question as to
what advantages HTML has on a mailing list.

Now let's drop this.

  Fred Maxwell