Subject: Wma to Mp3 conversion results?
From: LoveLearn (
Date: 2003-10-22

I've only found some music I want in Wma format. I've tried a few 30-day
conversion software versions to use these on my Archos. But conversion
results were troubling. I expected slight conversion loss when changing
128 b/s Wma files to 128 b/s Mp3s, but they were conspicuously degraded.
What guidelines have you decided upon as the best tradeoff between size
and sound? For instance, do you convert 128 Wma to 128 Mp3 or convert
128 Wma to 160 Mp3? Also, do different conversion software products give
different quality audible if operated comparably? How do you convert Wma
Most Archos users convert formats to Mp3s. Please share your insights.
John LoveLearn