Subject: Re: Starting RockBox from the hard drive with connected power supply...
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-10-23

Andreas Stemmer wrote:
> BTW: There's a "car mode" now in the rockbox settings. It would be nice for
> those with flashed rockbox if the charging screen didn't appear in car mode,
> only if car mode is off?

The better fix is to remove the need for the charging screen altogether. It's only there becuase Rockbox currently is too stubborn about spinning up the disk before doing anything else. We should fix that to allow a low-battery unit to start up and begin charging even if the disk fails to spin up.

--
Björn