Subject: Re: current plugins (& rockbox browsing patch)
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-10-23

Eric Linenberg wrote:
> --- There should still be Demos/Games root menu items (why get rid of
> this?)

Because we don't want the Rockbox code to know nor care about which plugins you have on your disk.

> Lastly, I think that the .rockbox folder should be chopped up a
> little.
>
> ./rockbox
> ./rockbox/games --- game plugins go here
> ./rockbox/demos --- demo plugins go here
> ./rockbox/utilities --- rocks that are necessary for the system go
> here (viewer.rock, fimrware_flash.rock, etc)

A problem with the category approach is that you tend to get plugins that don't fit into any of the categories. Where should the calendar plugin go? The id3 editor? The metronome? The GPS map viewer?

--
Björn