Subject: Re: Starting RockBox from the hard drive with connected power supply...
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2003-10-23

> > BTW: There's a "car mode" now in the rockbox settings. It would be nice
> for
> > those with flashed rockbox if the charging screen didn't appear in car
> mode,
> > only if car mode is off?
> The better fix is to remove the need for the charging screen altogether.
> It's only there becuase Rockbox currently is too stubborn about spinning
> the disk before doing anything else. We should fix that to allow a
> low-battery unit to start up and begin charging even if the disk fails to
spin up.

We had that discussion, I still don't think it's practical. The software
doesn't know that the battery is too weak to power up the disk before it has
tried. In case it truly is too low, the operation has probably just committed
suicide by causing its own power fail.

Jetzt kostenlos anmelden unter