Subject: Re: 8 MB Player
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-10-23

Mirko Dittrich wrote:
> What I did was to modify the Rockbox firmware to assume it has 8MB of DRAM.
> This is done by changing firmware/player.lds. Find the >>line in the MEMORY
> section for DRAM and change the last value from 0x200000 to 0x800000. Again
> search the file for the a line >>starting with .mp3end and change the value
> from 0x09200000 to 0x09800000. Afterwards rebuild rockbox and move the
> resulting >archos.mod to the player. Start it up and find 6 MB more
> displayed in your "Info" menu. That's all.

Sure, you can do like that. Or just answer correctly the question the ../tools/configure script asks you:

# ../tools/configure
This script will setup your Rockbox build environment.
Further docs here: http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/

Enter target platform: (defaults to Recorder)
1 - Archos Player/Studio
2 - Archos Recorder
3 - Archos FM Recorder
2
Platform set to recorder
Enter size of your RAM (in MB): (defaults to 2)
8
Memory size selected: 8 MB

> Today is there an automaticly detection in Rockbox for the 8 MB Player or
> must i compile ( or someone for me) my own version?

The daily builds include binaries for 8MB recorders:
  http://rockbox.haxx.se/daily.shtml

--
Björn