Subject: Re: current plugins (& rockbox browsing patch)
From: scott (
Date: 2003-10-23

--- Björn Stenberg <> wrote:
> Eric Linenberg wrote:
> > --- There should still be Demos/Games root menu items (why get rid of
> > this?)
> Because we don't want the Rockbox code to know nor care about which plugins you have on your
> disk.

he didn't say the games/demos in the root folder shouldn't be dynamic, but the only way they could
be is by implementing the subdirectories.

> > Lastly, I think that the .rockbox folder should be chopped up a
> > little.
> >
> > ./rockbox
> > ./rockbox/games --- game plugins go here
> > ./rockbox/demos --- demo plugins go here
> > ./rockbox/utilities --- rocks that are necessary for the system go
> > here (viewer.rock, fimrware_flash.rock, etc)
> A problem with the category approach is that you tend to get plugins that don't fit into any of
> the categories. Where should the calendar plugin go? The id3 editor? The metronome? The GPS map
> viewer?

i think an 'apps' folder would cover pretty much everything that isn't a demo or game. if not then
i think 'other plugins' would work just as well.

Do you Yahoo!?