Subject: Re: Starting RockBox from the hard drive with connected power supply...
From: Alexandre Belloni (
Date: 2003-10-23

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 05:34:06PM +0200, [IDC]Dragon wrote :
> Only as the last resort, I'd suggest. Soon we run out of buttons or
> fingers...
> (e.g. I have to maybe hold F3+Play to power on with resume, Ctlr+Alt+Delete
> for something else, ...)
> Remember you can use F1 for that as of now, using Archos software for
> charging.

I'd like to avoid using proprietary software :) Why not using F1+ON to
boot without spinning up the disk and then remove archos software ? :)
I understand it is our security net but I think rockbox is stable enough
to replace this security net.

Alexandre Belloni
AE-UTBM: -         - Lolut:
Key fingerprint = A7C6 7CD4 4328 59D1 79FD  B8BB 945F 4DD5 B634 89BD