Subject: RE: usb-storage not recognizing archos 20g fm recorder in linux
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2003-10-24

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Right. As Kevin Jones just said "If I plug in my jukebox 20
> the whole computer locks up."

Yeah Daniel. That's what lots of Windows boxes do when someone plugs in
their Archos. The entire box locks up. Boy, you showed me.

You don't know if the problem Mr. Jones has is caused by a defective
third-party driver, a corrupted file, or something else unrelated to
Windows. He did not get a bunch (or even a handful) of replies from others
stating that they, too, had the same problem. The RedHat Linux problem, on
the other hand, was known and the fix was cryptic, confusing, and something
that the normal user would be unlikely to discover on his own.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell