Subject: Re: current plugins (& rockbox browsing patch)
From: Bill Napier (napier_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2003-10-24

Björn Stenberg wrote:

>Eric Linenberg wrote:
>

>>--- There should still be Demos/Games root menu items (why get rid of
>>this?)
>>

>Because we don't want the Rockbox code to know nor care about which plugins you have on your disk.

How about extending the plugin API to allow plugin's to add menu items?
Then a game plugin could request that it be added to the "Games" menu as
"Foo". And rockbox would (if needed) create the "Games" menu and add a
"Foo" entry that would kick off the plugin. I thought this idea had
come up before...