Subject: Re: usb-storage not recognizing archos 20g fm recorder in linux
From: John covici (
Date: 2003-10-24

Well I put the line in fstab and I got drivers and devices under
/proc/bus/usb, but under devices there is nothing, under drivers
there is usbdevfs usbhub and when I do the modprobe for usb-storage
there is usb-storage but the device is still not detected.

on Friday 10/24/2003 Alexandre Belloni( wrote
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:39:59AM -0400, John covici wrote :
> > What do you mean "mounted your usbfs" -- this is part of the /proc
> > file system which of course is mounted.
> >
> Do you have a line like that in your /etc/fstab ?
> none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
> if not, usbfs is not mounted so there is nothing in /proc/bus/usb
> --
> Alexandre Belloni
> AE-UTBM: - - Lolut:
> Key fingerprint = A7C6 7CD4 4328 59D1 79FD B8BB 945F 4DD5 B634 89BD

         John Covici