Subject: Re: Wma to Mp3 conversion results?

Re: Wma to Mp3 conversion results?

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:48:13 -0400

> when i was reading it i assumed it meant the music store still
> supported it, but i might've just misinterpreted. it doesn't really
> matter, i was just trying to use a well recognized example. my
> question still stands: can an archos play DRMed mp3s?

You can import all your mp3's into iTunes and it will organize them in
the library. You can't *buy* mp3's from the iTunes store, however, so
you'll never get an mp3 with DRM. The only way to get an mp3 from the
iTunes store is to buy AAC with DRM, which will put some limitations on
what you can do with it *in AAC format*, and then decompress and re-rip
to mp3. None of the DRM stuff comes through that process. Archos just
plays mp3's - it does not support any form of DRM, which is at it should
be. =) If you find an mp3 with DRM (and I don't know if such a beast
even exists) you could give it a try. But you won't get it from iTunes.

Note: All this is based on an hour or so of messing around with iTunes
and reading all the small print. I may have missed something, so I MAY
BE WRONG. But I don't think so. =P