Subject: Re: Wma to Mp3 conversion results?
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-10-25

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:24:32 -0700 (PDT), scott wrote:
> when i was reading it i assumed it meant the music store still
> supported it, but i might've just misinterpreted. it doesn't really
> matter, i was just trying to use a well recognized example. my question
> still stands: can an archos play DRMed mp3s?
>
> -scott

My question would have to be "What the heck is a DRMed mp3? I don't know
of any mechanism that would allow a DRM scheme to be applied to an MP3.

Audible has a protected format that uses similar compression techniques to
MP3, but once they added those "locks" they changed the format and the
format does not comply to the standard anymore and is thus not an MP3.

Chris