Subject: Re: Wma to Mp3 conversion results?

Re: Wma to Mp3 conversion results?

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 07:36:30 -0400

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:15:10 -0700 (PDT), Michael O'Quinn wrote:
> I would be interested to hear about other people's experiences with JS
> using a current version of LAME. I have not noticed any audible
> artifacts being introduced, although I haven't really been all that
> through in my checking.
>
> Michael

My experience has been similar to yours. After trying several other
codecs a while back I settled on LAME and all the encoding software I use,
uses LAME. I've always used either JS or mono, and I've also discovered
the excellent quality/size abilities of VBR.

I can think of a few cases where VBR can be (and has been) problematic,
but haven't encountered any where JS was.

Chris