Subject: Re: usb-storage not recognizing archos 20g fm recorder in linux

Re: usb-storage not recognizing archos 20g fm recorder in linux

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:38:01 -0000 (GMT)

Alexandre Belloni said:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 10:39:59AM -0400, John covici wrote :
>> What do you mean "mounted your usbfs" -- this is part of the /proc
>> file system which of course is mounted.
>>
> Do you have a line like that in your /etc/fstab ?
>
> none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0
>
> if not, usbfs is not mounted so there is nothing in /proc/bus/usb

My Mandrake 9.0 system doesn't have a mount entry in /etc/fstab, but the
filesystem is however mounted. If I run the "mount" command with no
parameters, I have this entry in the output:

none on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)

I presume therefore that something else takes care of mounting it.

Further investigation shows that it is handled by /etc/rc.d/init.d/usb
startup script. This happens id there is an entry for usbdevfs in
/proc/filesystems

--
Mike Holden
Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox