Subject: RE: Recording problems with flashed recorder

RE: Recording problems with flashed recorder

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:33:34 +0100

Andreas Stemmer wrote:
> At the moment, I'm doing some recording tests again, using the
> io-dump-method from [IDC]dragon. I'll post the results here later.

Ok, here they are:

I did four tests (all with the same daily build 031023 in flash and as
ajbrec.ajz)
- start rockbox from flash
  -> recording hangs
- start jukebox with F1, load rockbox from ajbrec.ajz
  -> recording works
- start rockbox from flash, rolo rockbox again
  -> recording hangs
- start rockbox from flash, rolo rockbox again with startup_io.bin from
previous F1-boot
  -> recording works

There's obviously some initialization missing if I understand correctly what
the startup_io.bin does. For those who are able to analyze the files
([IDC]dragon?? please!) I've made them available for download:

http:\\home.vr-web.de\Andreas.Stemmer\startup_io_flash.bin
http:\\home.vr-web.de\Andreas.Stemmer\startup_io_F1.bin

Thank you very much for any help.
Andreas Stemmer