Subject: Re: usb-storage not recognizing archos 20g fm recorder in linux
From: Nix (nix_at_esperi.org.uk)
Date: 2003-10-27

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Fred Maxwell uttered the following:
> And that, my friends, is why Microsoft continues to dominate the desktop OS
> market. It's that kind of mental masturbation exercise that makes Linux an
> impractical alternative for "normal" PC users.

The SCSI mid-layer needs rewriting or removing completely (and has been
rewritten in 2.6.0-to-be).

Ranting about `mental masturbation exercises' when you're unwilling to
fix it or seemingly even do the brief web search that would tell you
that this was the cause of the problems is completely unproductive.

(Troll.)

--
`If you want a vision of the future, it is a wireless broadband network
 feeding requests for foreign money-laundering assistance into a human