Subject: Re: informational headers in this mail?

Re: informational headers in this mail?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:02:07 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Brian Wolven wrote:

> Could they be appended to the bottom of each message, as is done on another
> list I'm subscribed to? I can't recall ever seeing an unsubscribe post to
> that list. =)

Appending or prepending stuff to each mailbody is indeed possible, but some of
us don't like that and want to avoid doing it.

The fact that you don't see 'unsubscribe' mails on other lists can of course
sometimes be explained by a footer in all mails, but also because many mailing
lists trap "adminstrative-looking" keywords and forward such mails to the
admins to discard or approve.

We've selected to not trap such mails, as it increases the adminstrative
work-load (due to the pretty high degree of false positives).

I think this thread has been running far too long on this list already. Let's
drop it and get on with Rockbox again...