Subject: Re: Jukebox Recorder Car Mount

Re: Jukebox Recorder Car Mount

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:09:18 -0500

I haven't tried that mount but I have an alternative that works about as well.
Many local electronic stores (Rat Shack, Best Buy, etc) sell little sticky
pads that are intended to hold small appliances to the dash, etc. It doesn't
actually have any adhesive but instead is a very high surface energy polymer.
Feels somewhat like Sorbathane. It works great. My main car is an ex-cop
chevy caprice 9C1. I have the pad on the part of the dash that rolls off from
horz to vertical. I slap my Archos and my cell on this and it stays put, yet
they lift off with absolutely no effort.

I got my pad from Best Buy but I've seen 'em in many electronic stores.

John

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:10:42 -0600, Eriq Jaffe <EJaffe_at_itsgames.com> wrote:

>I'm looking for something that I can use to mount my JBR20 in my car, for
>easier control while driving. As it is, it's sitting on the passenger seat,
>which is awkward at best.
>
>I came across this:
>
>http://www.gomadic.com/unvemopdaauh.html
>
>But I was wondering if anybody out there has had any success, and could
>recommend something. Preferably, something available in the U.S.
>
>--Eriq

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net