Subject: Good or bad idea?

Good or bad idea?

From: Brian <GCRockboxer13_at_columbus.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:50:43 -0500

One day i was listening to my Rockbox, on random play all like i always do, and i heard a song that i absolutely love, but havent heard in a very long time. And i thought about some songs that just so happen to play more often than others, etc... This happens because I usually want to listen to a specific song at one point, and dont want to go through the 5-button combo (3 to queue, 1 to return to WPS, and 1 to hit next to the next song), i lose the point of which i was in the 1000-song shuffled playlist. Then, when i decide to go back to random mode, i play the playlist and it reshuffles.

So, the problem? I want to know what the best way to make sure i listen to every song at least once before i hear the same song three or four times. And if we can all agree on one way that this can be changed, maybe this change can be implemented in CVS.

I say this: Want to play a song, but then return to the playlist at the same spot? Well, my idea would be to have "play" and "queue" exchanged in the browser. So if you press play, that song would be queued, and possibly at the same time rockbox would hit "next," which would do the same thing (on rockbox as it is now) as queueing the file, then pressing next. If you still want the option to queue without playing, that could be another option in the ON + PLAY menu (queue). To play a song (which would in current rockbox include all other songs in that directory), that option can be put into the ON + PLAY menu as well (play directory).

Any comments on this would be helpful. I just put this in because I have lots of accidents where i lose my place in the playlist because i accidentally hit play on a song to hear it.

If any of this confuses you, just ask... i'm pretty hard to understand sometimes.

Brian