From: Fred Maxwell (
Date: 2003-10-28

BlueChip wrote:

> Yay, we get to flame AOL users next - coooool :)

Hey Mr. Wizard, AOL is targeted at newbies and the clueless. 90% of their
advertising over the years talks about how "easy" it is to use AOL (like
it's hard to use normal ISPs)

> So I've read up on the mystical art of email-address scrying,
> and deduced the following embarrasing facts:
> ...he was using WINDOWS
> ...on a BEIGE pc
> a chair which didn't SWIVEL
> ...he used to own an ATARI 520ST
> ...he eats CORNFLAKES for breakfast

Even if true, none of those things typifies newbies and the clueless.
Here's a site you might find enlightening:

If mainstream humor sites are making fun of AOL users, gee, maybe there's
something to it...

> I am still struggling to find anything on having "anti-spam"
> in your email address that doesn't mean you are bald?
> hahhhhhhhaaaaahahahahhhahahaa

I'm flattered that you're that interested in my physical appearance, but
I've got a girlfriend. Sorry.

> 2) hopefully by creating the illusion that someone is a
> lesser human by analysing their email address carefully,
> I can boost my own stance in society :-)

Don't you mean in your "tribe"? I note that you are using, so
I assume that your society is more primitive than ours.

  Fred Maxwell