Translations

RE: unsubscribe

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:16:54 -0500

Yeft_at_aol.com wrote:

> ...i take offense to that :P

You did just post in HTML, so you don't have too much to take offense at.
:P

> , it's not my fault...really its not.... i've had aol since 95
> ....can't really get rid of it, they kind of lock you in

Sure you can.

1. Call another ISP and get service for less than $10/month (check out
www.hawkcommunications.com).
2. Go to the various sites where you've supplied an e-mail address (e.g.,
ebay) and change it to your new address.
3. E-mail your friends and family and give them your new e-mail address.
4. Maybe hold on to the AOL account for a month or two so that you can let
any stragglers know your new address
5. Cancel AOL.

You'll get rid of the spam and probably save enough in a year to buy another
Archos or at least a whopper hard drive for it.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell