RE: unsubscribe

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:09:24 -0500

David McIntyre wrote:

> The only good internet user is an American with a
> college accound or their personal domain that they
> administer.

I'll go along with that.

> Does this sound ridiculous?

No.

> Did it upset someone?

Not me.

> GOOD! Maybe I made my point! Banning AOL users is
> the most discriminatory thing I've ever heard.

So what? It's discriminatory to only let intelligent people into MIT and
Princeton. It's discriminatory to only let people over 16 with licenses
drive. It's discriminatory to only allow people with handicapped plates
park in handicapped spaces. You act like discrimination is automatically a
bad thing. It's not.

> I have no love for AOL and their
> dumbing-down of the Internet, but neither do I tolerate
> intolerance in any of its guises.

So you are intolerant? Well I don't tolerate poeople who don't tolerate
intolerance!

> If you're so smart, why don't you set up a mail filter to
> automatically delete any mail that ever traversed AOL's link.

If you were so smart, you would recognize that for each AOL "unsubscribe"
sent to the list, there are at least a half-dozen replies and comments.
Such a filter would not help anyone but the person who created it and then
in only the most minor way.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell