Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Flash support for the ROM-less variant
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-10-28

> how do I know I have this mentioned ROM? The "flash" entry in my hardware
> info says "M=?? D=??". Am I able to flash my recorder now, or won't it
> work ever?

"I now also support the rare species of Recorders/FMs which could not be
flashed although they have the proper SST39 chip (M=BF I=D6)."

Since you don't have the proper chip, you can't flash it, regardless what
software comes along. You would have to exchange it.
The boot ROM is diagnosed with the ROM CRC line in the same screen. I have
to update it to say "no ROM" instead of V2 when ROM space is identical to
flash space, that was my error. The only known boot ROM has CRC 0x222F.

Jörg