Subject: FMR Flat battery
From: Mark Bright (
Date: 2003-10-28

I know this, or something very similar, has been discussed before but I
couldn't locate the message I half remember as a solution.

My (Flashed) FMR has just completely flattened it's battery. I thought
it was on charge - the charging screen (Plug in the charger whilst
switched off) was showing, and claimed 7%. After 1 hour I checked it,
and it was 6%!, but the batter icon (Top left) was showing about 3/4

I left it another hour, and it switched itself off. I now cannot switch
it back on.

Usual story you have all heard many times before : Green led flicker
briefly, and switches back off. Plugging in the mains adaptor just
results in a loop

Any Suggestions.

Also, the adaptor is a 'Multi' type like this one :
Does anyone else have one of these? I need to confirm the settings to

1) What Voltage : 12, 9, 7.5, 6, 4.5, 3 1.5
2) Polarity switch : +tv tip or -tv tip
3) Red LED: On or Off during normal use