Subject: Re: FMR Flat battery
From: Neon John (johngd_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 2003-10-29

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:32:58 -0000, "Mark Bright"
<mark.bright_at_btopenworld.com> wrote:

>I know this, or something very similar, has been discussed before but I
>couldn't locate the message I half remember as a solution.
>
>My (Flashed) FMR has just completely flattened it's battery. I thought
>it was on charge - the charging screen (Plug in the charger whilst
>switched off) was showing, and claimed 7%. After 1 hour I checked it,
>and it was 6%!, but the batter icon (Top left) was showing about 3/4
>full!
>
>I left it another hour, and it switched itself off. I now cannot switch
>it back on.
>
>Usual story you have all heard many times before : Green led flicker
>briefly, and switches back off. Plugging in the mains adaptor just
>results in a loop
>
>Any Suggestions.

Yup. Hope you have an extended warranty, for your charging circuit is kaput.
I posted about a friend's FMR giving up the ghost just like that last week.
Using an external power supply I charged the battery enough to fire up the FMR
and get his recordings off before he returned it on his extended warranty.

John

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net