Subject: Re: file recorded on archos no program will play!
From: John covici (
Date: 2003-10-29

Unfortunately, this didn't help at all -- it did find 4 bad frames,
but still the file is unplayable -- after 30 minutes or so it seems
to be playing near the end -- something is really messed up here.

Now even if I can't salvage this one, how do I prevent this in the
future, otherwise the archos is not much use as a recorder.

Can we fix the firmware to use cbr or something?

on Wednesday 10/29/2003 Paul van der Heu( wrote
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:47:24 -0500, John Covici wrote:
> >I recorded a 79 minute file on my fm recorder -- using a pretty
> >recent cvs, but the headers are messed up and no program will play
> >the thing.  I did try vbrfix, but it didn't do too well either, it
> >gave me silence and changed the time from 79 to 111 minutes.
> Run it through mp3fixer ..

         John Covici