Subject: AW: dead "play" button on Jukebox 20
From: perterm (perterm_at_vce.de)
Date: 2003-10-29

Von: Mike Ryan
> Suddenly the PLAY button is not working most of the time it is pressed.
> I’m pretty sure that the switches used are similar to the metal “disks”
> on an IC that were used, for example, in the old Atari 2600 joysticks.

I've had the same problems with nearly all the switches in my JBR. I haven't
found any distributor for suitable replacements switches (they're
extraordinarily flat) thus I unsoldered the switches and opened their
housings. In all these switches the little contact metal "disks" (the things
that were supposed to go 'click') were cracked. I managed to rebend these
thingies so that the switches worked - for a short while. Unusual high
pressure was necessary to operate some of these repaired switches. This
pressure bent the pcb slightly - to much in the long run. Some wire on the
pcb seems to have suffered a hariline crack. Now the unit crashes at random.
Resoldering each single solder point didn't help and I can't find which wire
is broken. -> The unit is beyond repair. :(

Phil