Subject: RE: FMR Flat battery
From: Mark Bright (mark.bright_at_btopenworld.com)
Date: 2003-10-29

Neon John wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:32:58 -0000, "Mark Bright"
> <mark.bright at btopenworld.com> wrote:
>
>> My (Flashed) FMR has just completely flattened it's battery. I
thought
>> it was on charge - the charging screen (Plug in the charger whilst
>> switched off) was showing, and claimed 7%. After 1 hour I checked
it,
>> and it was 6%!, but the batter icon (Top left) was showing about 3/4
>> full!
>> Usual story you have all heard many times before : Green led flicker
>> briefly, and switches back off. Plugging in the mains adaptor just
>> results in a loop
>
> Yup. Hope you have an extended warranty, for your charging circuit is
> kaput. I posted about a friend's FMR giving up the ghost just like
that
> last week. Using an external power supply I charged the battery enough
> fire up the FMR and get his recordings off before he returned it on
his
> extended warranty.
>
> John

Thanks John...

Confirmed with NewMP3Technology, although it is out of warrantee (just),

they will repair it and send it back to the UK for $89 - At current
rates
that is about 54 which is not too bad.
I also have to post it to them, which is estimated at about $25 (14.50)

Hope it don't take too long to get back - And I really hope UK customes
don't try to charge import duty on it (again!)

Ahh well...

Mark