Subject: Re: FMR Flat battery
From: David McIntyre (
Date: 2003-10-29

My wife ships stuff overseas for $7-10. About the same size and weight. Does it
cost that much more to ship from the UK to US than the other way? Also, if you
put on the shipping manifest that it is an item being sent for repair and ask
newmp3tech to do the same for the journey back, you should have no duty

On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 08:15:06PM -0000, Mark Bright wrote:
> Thanks John...
> Confirmed with NewMP3Technology, although it is out of warrantee (just),
> they will repair it and send it back to the UK for $89 - At current
> rates
> that is about 54 which is not too bad.
> I also have to post it to them, which is estimated at about $25 (14.50)
> Hope it don't take too long to get back - And I really hope UK customes
> don't try to charge import duty on it (again!)
> Ahh well...
> Mark

David McIntyre
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7 for geek code, pgp key, etc.