Subject: RE: file recorded on archos no program will play!
From: John covici (
Date: 2003-10-30

I am using a patched version of the cvs from maybe a week ago and the
vbr is certainly not good on it. Mpg123 complains:
Blocktype == 0 and window-switching == 1 not allowed.

On the larger file it complained about big_values too large and seg

So this leaves me in a quandry -- how large a file can I record and
have it work or what can I do -- seems a shame to have the record
function so unreliable.

on Wednesday 10/29/2003 Andreas Stemmer( wrote
> John Covici wrote:
> > But in general, what is the solution
> > to this problem -- I recorded a file this morning of about 11 minutes
> > and I was able to play it, but only after using vbrfix on the thing.
> What rockbox version are you using? The daily builds do the vbrfix
> automatically after recording.
> > Can we make the chip use cbr?
> No, it records only vbr.
> Andreas Stemmer