Subject: Re(2): FMR Flat battery
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2003-10-30

Let us all know how you got on, i'm sure some other people here will end up having to get their Rockbox repaired!
-----Original Message-----From: Mark Bright <>To: <>Sent: 10/29/03 20:15Subject: RE: FMR Flat batteryNeon John wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:32:58 -0000, "Mark Bright"

> <mark.bright at> wrote:

>> My (Flashed) FMR has just completely flattened it's battery. I

>> it was on charge - the charging screen (Plug in the charger whilst

>> switched off) was showing, and claimed 7%. After 1 hour I checked

>> and it was 6%!, but the batter icon (Top left) was showing about 3/4

>> full!

>> Usual story you have all heard many times before : Green led flicker

>> briefly, and switches back off. Plugging in the mains adaptor just

>> results in a loop

> Yup. Hope you have an extended warranty, for your charging circuit is

> kaput. I posted about a friend's FMR giving up the ghost just like

> last week. Using an external power supply I charged the battery enough

> fire up the FMR and get his recordings off before he returned it on

> extended warranty.

> John

Thanks John...

Confirmed with NewMP3Technology, although it is out of warrantee (just),

they will repair it and send it back to the UK for $89 - At current

that is about 54 which is not too bad.

I also have to post it to them, which is estimated at about $25 (14.50)

Hope it don't take too long to get back - And I really hope UK customes

don't try to charge import duty on it (again!)

Ahh well...

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd