Subject: Re(2): FMR Flat battery

Re(2): FMR Flat battery

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:08:17 +0000

Let us all know how you got on, i'm sure some other people here will end up having to get their Rockbox repaired!
-----Original Message-----From: Mark Bright <mark.bright_at_btopenworld.com>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 10/29/03 20:15Subject: RE: FMR Flat batteryNeon John wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 22:32:58 -0000, "Mark Bright"

> <mark.bright at btopenworld.com> wrote:

>> My (Flashed) FMR has just completely flattened it's battery. I

thought

>> it was on charge - the charging screen (Plug in the charger whilst

>> switched off) was showing, and claimed 7%. After 1 hour I checked

it,

>> and it was 6%!, but the batter icon (Top left) was showing about 3/4

>> full!

>> Usual story you have all heard many times before : Green led flicker

>> briefly, and switches back off. Plugging in the mains adaptor just

>> results in a loop

> Yup. Hope you have an extended warranty, for your charging circuit is

> kaput. I posted about a friend's FMR giving up the ghost just like

that

> last week. Using an external power supply I charged the battery enough

> fire up the FMR and get his recordings off before he returned it on

his

> extended warranty.

> John

Thanks John...

Confirmed with NewMP3Technology, although it is out of warrantee (just),

they will repair it and send it back to the UK for $89 - At current

rates

that is about £54 which is not too bad.

I also have to post it to them, which is estimated at about $25 (£14.50)

Hope it don't take too long to get back - And I really hope UK customes

don't try to charge import duty on it (again!)

Ahh well...

Mark

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com