Subject: Re(2): Best Batteries

Re(2): Best Batteries

From: Mat Holton <mathew.holton_at_surface-inspection.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:22:12 +0000

You sound like my Dad. Cells, batteries, language degredation, indeed!
Language changes doesn't it? accept it man! Words take on new meanings. So what
if someone from 100 years ago can't understand a word we say, unless someone invents
a time machine it's not a problem is it? As long we can all understand what each other are saying.

-----Original Message-----From: lovelearn <lovelearn_at_iw.net>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>Sent: 10/30/03 08:19Subject: Re: Best BatteriesI spent a few hours researching this cell or "battery" issue. Bear in

mind that a single electro chemical unit is a cell. A battery is an

electrically joined group of cells. But this is honoring correct

language in a period wherein national TV advertisers spend millions of

dollars on spots for which their representatives can't (and I don't mean

elect not to) write without making what should be embarrassing errors.

Even manufactures now commonly reference single cells as a "battery," so

the continuing degradation of the language is further enabled by their

support and endorsement.

Anyway, Sanyo battery sets have been superior performers in some

disinterested 3rd party tests. I directly imported a bunch of 1850 ma

Sanyo AA cells for myself and some friends who use AA cells in

power-hungry camera systems. To get a good deal, we decided to order a

bunch to combine shipping from Hong Kong to the US. I fronted the money

but some of them failed to follow through. What's a new set of 4 of

these new production cells worth given the always changing market? My

set runs my Archos 20 recorder/player well over 10 hours. There are some

sets that have not been paid for and picked up, so if you're interested,

let me know.

John LoveLearn

Re: Previous discussion. The opposite action of discrimination is being

being indiscriminate, despite Politically Correct liberal speaker

attempts to inject their agenda into every conversation.

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd
www.surface-inspection.com