Subject: Re: directory sorting
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-10-31

At 20:51 30/10/03 -0800, you wrote:
>i just saw the chip8 converted was added to CVS (thanks jörg!!), and i
>thought i'd bring up the
>topic of .rockbox subdirectories again. it seems logical to me to put all
>of the chip8 games, as
>well as the existing plug-ins in the same directory (preferably a
>top-level games menu). ideally
>i'd put each type of file in it's own folder (fonts, languages, etc.), and
>divide plug-ins into
>games, demos, and apps. can we come to some concensus on this? i'd really
>like to see the .rockbox
>dir cleaned up, it's a complete mess now.

certainly with relevance to chip-8 games, I suggest that you put the .ch8
file wherever you want and when you click on one it runs the emulator

i would rather see a sort-by-extension before anything else, ...or even
better still "show m3u's in directory before anything else"
...I keep my mp3's by artist, so each dir has any number of m3u files
spattered all over a listing of up to 100 files :(
...I suppose if I weren't too lazy/busy I would do it myself - but I must
be one or the other - LOL