Subject: Hard drive problem
From: Kamel MAKHLOUFI (
Date: 2003-10-31

I'm new to this mailing list. Please excuse my poor english
I have an archos jukebox 6000 for 1year now and it just started to have
problems a month ago.
First, it started by being slow in booting but know, it doesn't boot at all.
It dissaembled the archos and i pluged the HD on my PC and the HD works
fine. I was able to backup all the data on the HD without having to format
it or anything else.

When i reassembled the Archos, it was still not working.
What happens is that it stops on the boot screen of the Archos Firmware
Ver : 5.08"
The HD does not starts to spin. Even another drive, formatted in FAT32,
doesn't work.
Sometimes, after a while, it displays "please wait..." or something like

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

Hotmail : un compte GRATUIT qui vous suit partout et tout le temps !