Subject: Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock

Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock

From: Honda <honda_at_gbronline.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:06:20 -0500

Hello everybody,

I recently got a used Archos Jukebox 600 (with 4.53 firmware and a 6GB
Fujitsu HD). Every time I turn it on, it displays the firmware version and
then the dreaded "Part. Error Pls Chck HD" message. It does not respond to
any buttons except "Stop" (Power off).

However, if I plug it into my computer's USB port, it is recognized by the
computer, and the hard drive is perfectly accessible. I can move stuff onto
it and from it both in Win XP and Linux.

So, I can use it as an external hard drive but not a stand-alone MP3
player. Is this a symptom of a locked hard drive? Would it be accessible
through USB if it were locked?

I tried the Linux unlock patch, but could not compile the isd200 module
after applying the .diff file. I also tried the ArchosUnlock.exe, but the
kernel panicked and did not boot all the way.

Can anybody please help me with unlocking through linux?

Thank you,
cyberia