Subject: Re: Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock
From: Honda (honda_at_gbronline.com)
Date: 2003-11-03

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> It is possible that you have formatted the entire disk as one FAT32
> partition, without a partition table.
> Have you mounted it with Linux? If so, which device name was it?

The device name under Linux is /dev/sda1. Using fdisk under Linux, I am
seeing /dev/sba1 in the partition table. It starts on cylinder 1 and takes
the whole disk.

If I have to recreate an MBR with a partition table at sector 0, which tool
can I use? Is it possible to do it through USB? Connecting to the IDE
controller is out of the question for me: I do not have a laptop or a 2.5
to 3.5 adapter.