Subject: Re: Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock
From: Honda (honda_at_gbronline.com)
Date: 2003-11-03

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

>> Honda wrote:
>> If I have to recreate an MBR with a partition table at sector 0, which
>> tool can I use? Is it possible to do it through USB? Connecting to the
>> IDE controller is out of the question for me: I do not have a laptop or
>> a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter.
>
> fdisk should work fine.

That's what I had used: fdisk in Linux. I had created this single /dev/sda1
partition with type 'b' (Win FAT 32).

What do I need to do different this time: make a partition of type 'c' (Win
FAT32 LBA) or make it bootable or both? How do I ensure that there indeed
is a valid MBR with a valid partition table as a result of my fdisk activities?

Thanks for your patience with me.