Subject: Re: Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock

Re: Is my hard drive locked? Need help with Linux unlock

From: Honda <honda_at_gbronline.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:09:25 -0500

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> # fdisk /dev/sda
> Command (m for help): o
> (this creates an empty DOS partition table)
> Command (m for help): n
> (select type "c" and use the entire available space)
> Command (m for help): w
> (writes the table to disk)

This is exactly what I do. Then I do

mkdosfs -F 32 -n Jukebox /dev/sda1

to format the partition and nothing happens out of it. I do not know what
to try now or what to ask for in terms of additional help.

Does the number of cylinders, heads and sectors matter? Is the DOS
compatibility flag supposed to be on or off? Does the partition need to be
flagged as bootable?