Subject: RE: A rockbox survey - and recording failures
Date: 2003-11-04

Hmm, what microphone do you use for recording rehearsals?

I use an unmodified JBR20 with flashed daily build to record band
rehearsals, but the recordings tend to fail with "Updating size on empty
dir entry xx". Earlier I got just an error number. Latest build that did
this was 2003-10-31. I don't use the Time Split function.

What is REALLY weird is that it seems to happen only when the music/noise
is really loud and the level meter peaks all the time. I know it's stupid
to use the internal microphone at such sound levels - it DOES sound like
crap - but the recordings are mostly just for getting the feeling of a
song (and occasionally to resolve arguments with the drummer :)

Now, isn't the data coming out of the MP3-encoding chip just being stored
in a buffer and then fed to the disk?