Subject: Re: A rockbox survey - and recording failures
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-11-04

Gajdos_at_metatem.net wrote:
> Hmm, what microphone do you use for recording rehearsals?
>
> I use an unmodified JBR20 with flashed daily build to record band
> rehearsals, but the recordings tend to fail with "Updating size on empty
> dir entry xx". Earlier I got just an error number. Latest build that did
> this was 2003-10-31. I don't use the Time Split function.

Wow. I would really like you to observe the error number the next time
you see it. It looks like a problem with the FAT driver.

What does scandisk say when you run it?

> What is REALLY weird is that it seems to happen only when the music/noise
> is really loud and the level meter peaks all the time.

Wow...

> Now, isn't the data coming out of the MP3-encoding chip just being stored
> in a buffer and then fed to the disk?

Exactly. I can't see how the level could affect anything, except that
the bitrate may be higher than average for a longer period that usual.

Linus