Subject: Errors at high levels
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2003-11-04 schrieb am 04.11.03 13:20:57:

> > Now, isn't the data coming out of the MP3-encoding chip just being stored
> > in a buffer and then fed to the disk?
> Exactly. I can't see how the level could affect anything, except that
> the bitrate may be higher than average for a longer period that usual.

I cut up most of my recordings with mp3directcut.
When saving the parts it reports block errors,
if there are any. This also happend with the Archos firmware.

On line-in recordings close to the maximum level I get reports
of many errors. When I use a lower recording level, I do not
get that many errors - most of the time, none at all.
If the reports from mp3directcut are corrent, it could be true
that the Archos mp3 encoder has a problem with high levels.

Bestes Testergebnis: Stiftung Warentest Doppelsieg fur WEB.DE FreeMail
und WEB.DE Club. Nur fuer unsere Nutzer!