Subject: Re: A rockbox survey
From: David McIntyre (
Date: 2003-11-04

I tried the all night rave thing once, and was thoroughly disappointed. We had
recording on 2 systems and an "ad hoc" system that was set up at the last
minute. I offered to record it, and brought cables to do so, but about 2 hours
in, the unit crashed and corrupted the file it was recording. Of course, this
was before I discovered Rockbox, and I was using the Archos fw.
The next time I tried to do an all nighter, they were broadcasting FM. I tried
to get it set up, but didn't know that FM = line in on Rockbox. For some
reason, I couldn't ROLO the archos fw without an error, so I thrashed about in
frustration. Then I turned on the radio and tuned the station and realized that
the interference from the hard drive spin was so overpowering that I couldn't
even have recorded it if I wanted to. At that point, I wished I'd bought a
recorder instead of an FMR.

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 09:49:19AM +0000, Mat Holton wrote:
> Hello all!
> Perhaps i'm just being nosey (over inquisitive or whatever) but I was just wondering what uses people have for such long recording times? 'Whole 3-day weekends' springs to mind.
> I suppose an 'all night rave' could be captured. Is anyone actually doing anything like this?
> I just wondered that's all.
> Mat
> "Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."
> They Might Be Giants.
> Surface Inspection Ltd

David McIntyre
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7 for geek code, pgp key, etc.