Subject: Re: A rockbox survey

Re: A rockbox survey

From: David McIntyre <plugh_at_mudbarn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:04:58 -0800

I tried the all night rave thing once, and was thoroughly disappointed. We had
recording on 2 systems and an "ad hoc" system that was set up at the last
minute. I offered to record it, and brought cables to do so, but about 2 hours
in, the unit crashed and corrupted the file it was recording. Of course, this
was before I discovered Rockbox, and I was using the Archos fw.
The next time I tried to do an all nighter, they were broadcasting FM. I tried
to get it set up, but didn't know that FM = line in on Rockbox. For some
reason, I couldn't ROLO the archos fw without an error, so I thrashed about in
frustration. Then I turned on the radio and tuned the station and realized that
the interference from the hard drive spin was so overpowering that I couldn't
even have recorded it if I wanted to. At that point, I wished I'd bought a
recorder instead of an FMR.

--
David McIntyre         plugh_at_mudbarn.com        http://www.mudbarn.com
PGP Key fingerprint = CAB5 A73A 43FA 19E3 449D  20B8 25D7 FA84 8847 D6A7