Subject: rockbox installation
From: Rocker (rocker_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 2003-11-05

Hello,

Well this is embarrassing...
I am buy no means a power user. Nor am I a programmer. I have been
watching this list for some time now and let me tell you that most of you
guys and gals (are their any gals on this list?) amaze me with your skills &
talents. Now that I have buttered you all up I'll ask my question...

I still have not been able to install rockbox over the Music Match firm
ware? When I downloaded the version for my studio FM Recorder and unpacked
it with WinZip, all I got was a list of files displayed in a window? What
are the steps I need to take to install this Puppy? Please give me step by
step instructions to install correctly. I should say that my unit came with
the music match software a;ready installed thus I have not even tried
installing the M.M software on it. Hears what I need:

1). I would like to know which daily build I need to download that has the
book marking feature
2). I need someone to explain the installation process from the start
including step by step instructions. (remember, I am an idiot) LOL!

I am using windows ME and the Archos Studio FM Recorder.

I should also state that I am blind so that may be my problem installing
this stuff? If I need to run anything from the lcd while installing I would
not be able to see it. It would be nice if someone wrote a Window style
installer for dummies like me?

Anyway, Thanks in advance for all your advice. If there is another rockbox
discussion group that you can recommend that would better suit my experience
level please let me know as I do not want to slow you guys down with such
simple problems.

Cheers!

rocker