Subject: Possible Loose Ear Out connector
From: Nathan Gray (
Date: 2003-11-05

Long time no post,

I own a FMR 20 and yesturday I noticed that slight shifts in the headphone
OR audio cable connected to the ear out hole makes the right channel cut out
for a moment; solution: tap the cable again. I suspect I screwed up the
internal components of the ear out connector somehow. (I.E., the connector
seems a bit loose when something is connected)

So, what're my options here?
Anyone know how, or of a way to get this fixed? I suppose I could live with
this, but ah so annoying to have to keep shifting the headphone cable.
My EE skills are a bit lax so I haven't done any of the mods; probably can't
resolder the device myself if that is the problem. Any freelance hardware
people? ;)~~

solarcide - Nathaniel

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95. (Prices may vary by service area.)