Subject: Re: recording suggestions
From: ajf (ajf_at_midmaine.com)
Date: 2003-11-06

IMHO, recording at high quality with the built-in mic is a waste of time.
The mic isn't good enough to support that quality. You'll probably get
similar results at Quality 3 or 4 with 44.1 KHz, and longer battery life.

A better solution is to use line-in with an external mic.

For testing recording battery life, you could use a stereo patch cable from
the earphone jack of a radio to the line-in.