Subject: Re: FM reception
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-11-06

Chuck Urwiler wrote:

> Hey gang,
> Anyone have any ideas on how to improve the FM reception on an FMR unit? I
> don't know a whole heckuva lot about how antennas work and how the
> receiver works in order to make improvements, besides moving the thing to
> a different spot on my desk.
> Or am I just stuck with the crappy reception that I get?

You are basically stuck. The headphone cord is the antenna, so you could
try to stretch it, or try a different set of headphones.

While we're on the subject, please try the latest daily build and press
F3 in the radio screen. This stops all screen updates. Please report if
that makes a difference in the reception.