Subject: Preferred recorder battery:performance Settings was: recording suggestions
From: Nathan Gray (sanguination_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2003-11-07

Along theses lines I was wondering the following two things with regard to
recorders:

>A better solution is to use line-in with an external mic.

What kind of microphones work with the line in? Do they have to be powered?
(My pc microphone didn't do anything).
and

>IMHO, recording at high quality with the built-in mic is a waste of time.
>The mic isn't good enough to support that quality. You'll probably get
>similar results at Quality 3 or 4 with 44.1 KHz, and longer battery life.

What are your best preferred recording settings that give best battery
life:performance ratio for the following situations:

*Lectures/conversations
*Videos/movie
*concerts
*ambient/environment noise
*any others you can think of!

-nathan

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.